Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Magdalene!

Dearest Magdalene,

I admire you.  I don't know many people who literally wake up with a smile planted on their face.  But you do.  You are always happy when you wake up.  Your smile is contagious, and it helps me get out of my sleep deprived state.  You teach me what it means to be happy to wake up another day to know, love, and serve Our Lord.  Thank you, sweet child.  

You also love birthdays.....and you love all the special details behind parties.  This year you were torn between a Charlotte's Web theme or Frozen Fever.  For your sixth birthday, you decided on Frozen Fever.  I think seeing the Frozen cake at Walmart made you want a Frozen party so much.  Precious child, Frozen Fever it is!  It was a lot of fun to put together!  





You wanted a tiered cake like the Walmart one.  So we were busy for a couple of days making different flavors.

I have to admit....I was a little nervous it wouldn't meet your dream of a tier cake.  I wanted to make you feel so special.  The look on your face told me you loved it!

Tia Brenda and Bear were so kind to send some extra fun stuff for the party.  Thank you, tias!
We invited family over for your big birthday party, because we know how much you love having family members over.




Daddy and I love spending quiet time with you on your birthday.  We had the big party after your birthday, because we know how much you love big parties.   The morning of your birthday you smiled even a little bigger!  You were born on the feast of St. Michael....well barely.  You were born nearly 11 that night!  You were so alert when we held you for the first time.  Daddy changed his very first diaper EVER with you.  You think it's funny when we tell you about that.






You wanted to do extra art from your art DVD on your birthday.  You are becoming such a good artist!  You definitely get that from Daddy!

On your birthday, you requested blueberry cupcakes.  It was fun using the new characters on the cupcakes!


You even made beautiful artwork for the party!  I love the family picture!


You wanted corn on the cob for your birthday!  Good choice, Magdalene.  I definitely had a corn craving when baby Francis was in my tummy.


Daddy got the Sven cupcake.

Time for presents!  You were serenaded with a song from Frozen Fever with a trail to find your presents.  It was so much fun.
Theodore seemed to really love touching your new dress.





Six years ago Mommy and Daddy were blessed with YOU!  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. I love you to pieces, my dear Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet goddaughter, your happiness brightens my day!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Blessed Charles Joseph of Nashua!!!

    Sharing an Ice Cream after successful Lab Test Results!  The Geese were "Good Listeners" Visited Jesus at St. Patrick's Ca...